Home Forums Feedback General questions or comments on the platform

130 replies, 27 voices Last updated by  Keona 6 months ago
  • Creator
    Topic

Welcome to the all-new The Working Artist platform.

We have woven together some pretty big pieces to make this platform.

Sometimes the parts slot together like a jigsaw, and other times it’s more like a sudoku puzzle… so we will always be looking to refine and add whatever we can to improve your experience.

In the spirit of creating this site as a community, we would welcome your feedback, insights and comments and also let us know if you spot any glitches, spellings, bad grammar etc!

Thank you

Neil + The Working Artist / Learnbase Team

• Author
    Replies

Ilana
    Participant
    @Ilana

Hi

Can you please send me a link to the last coaching call recording, from 12.5.2018.

Thanks

Wanda K. Tyner
    Participant
    @kayakwanda

How can I get access to the Art Fair course?  it is not showing in my list.

dorothee
    Participant
    @dorothee

Hi Crista and team,

I took the working artist course a while ago and would like to post a question to Crista and the the working artist  community, regarding how much I should charge for a specific neuroesthetics conference that I am about to give in the process to spread my work and, at the same time, work on my networking. However i can t find the previous threads (like in the previous website). Is this the right place? thank you

Dorothee

http://www.dorotheechabas.com

Wanda K. Tyner
    Participant
    @kayakwanda

The Art Fair Essentials is not showing in My Courses.  Your assistance is appreciated.  thanks!

Wanda K. Tyner
      Participant
      @kayakwanda

I am still not seeing the ArtFairs in my courses.  anyone able to help?

devorah
    Participant
    @tdlevine

hello!

is it possible to have the art fair course uploaded to my course list as well?

if not, please advise what i need to do. ty!

devorah
      Participant
      @tdlevine

i just found it lol! sorry for any bother 😉

Michelle Berlin
    Participant
    @contact

Hi Neil~ I am still anxiously awaiting for the Art Fair class to be uploaded on My Course, can you help me? Thank you!

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi Michelle – I just added you – you will now see the course available in your course list.  Thanks for your patience!

Anahata Ishaya
    Participant
    @anahataishaya

I just tried to download the pdf of the first art fair documents but it is saying there was an error processing it. I tried several times. thank you.

Lucas G
      Keymaster
      @lucasgaudette

Hi – they should all be fully functional now -sorry for delay we were waiting on a little update. If you continue to have issues let me know!

Rhonda
    Participant
    @rhonda

Hello out there!

I am looking for the survey Crista said she had posted to get feedback, does anyone know where this survey is located?  I have looked everywhere–maybe I missed it.

Thank you,

Rhonda

Crista Cloutier
      Keymaster
      @Crista

Hi Rhonda! The feedback form is with the Masterclass materials under Week 7 Bonus. Thank you so much!

Michelle Berlin
    Participant
    @contact

Hi Neil,
    I seem to have 2 Michelle Berlin pages going at once- I can reach my original profile page, with my bio and profile picture etc. only if I click on my image in my post in “workshop your elevator pitch”  it takes me right to my page, yet when I log in I am taken to an empty profile page with no profile pic and my work is gone. I cleared my cache but I still have 2 different Michelle Berlin pages.
    Thank you for your help
    PS I can’t find any of my work either 🙁

Michelle Berlin
      Participant
      @contact

Hey Neil,

I think I figured it out…there are 2 different usernames for me!
      – Contact
      – Mosshill
      I have no idea how that happened!
      Can we lose the account that has Mosshill as the username?
      Weird. Thank you!

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi Michelle

Done!  I attributed any content from the deleted account to (this) your ongoing account. This was just in case there were any workbook notes etc created under the deleted account. However it may also attribute gallery elements you might not want (we’re a bit ‘off road’ here so I’m not sure!). If you see that has happened, then this is why and just delete anything you don’t want from your good account.
      Thanks
      Neil

sandrajordan
    Participant
    @sandrajordan

Hi, I can’t seem to download my workbook after completing Chapter 4.  I have cleared my cache.  When I press the download button nothing happens. Should I be doing something else?  Thanks  Sandra

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi Sandra

It seems to be something very specific to your Chapter 4 workbook. I’ve tested it for various things and it is working for other users, but something is stopping yours from downloading that we have not anticipated or encountered before. Our devs are looking into it and we’ll get back asap.

Thanks
      Neil

sandrajordan
      Participant
      @sandrajordan

great thanks

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi Sandra

It seems the issue was some slanted speech marks (ie but slanted) which may have got there through you cut and pasting(??) and our system did not know how to render them so it kind of went on strike 🙂
      Anyway we’ve re-coded it a bit so it will download – the only issue still being that those speech marks end up being translated into some strange characters in the download and changing the font of the sentence – so maybe just change them if you want the download not have that.

Hope that’s ok and thanks for your patience.

Neil

sandrajordan
      Participant
      @sandrajordan

ah yes i did do some copy and pasting!  I’ll remove the ” before I download, thanks very much.

Anahata Ishaya
    Participant
    @anahataishaya

Hi Crista;

I just finished listening to Call #4 as I was away at my son’s wedding last weekend. I loved all the questions people asked and the great answers.

You mentioned that you wanted to hear about a way to keep our artist community going until the next TWA and I have an idea. We use WhatsApp a lot for different purposes and it works really well. However, everyone would need to have a smart phone and be on a data plan or access to WIFI. You would set up the group and add each one of us on it with our international cell number (starts with country code and then number minus the 0.) We would get every message that is posted and can reply and share as we feel guided to. Whether it is a question, a need for assistance, share a victory, share a resource etc. It is easy to scroll down all the answers posted and one can turn off the notification sound so it does not get too much.

Looking forward to our personal strategy call.

Blessings,

Anahata

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

We are extremely resistant to recommending 3rd party apps because not everybody will be open to using them so they by default end up being exclusionary.   Whatsap for example is a clever front to better mine your personal information to help advertisers (and other agencies) reach you on facebook.

We want to ensure safe and honest space for sharing and learning.

However there are valuable insights in seeing what is good about such apps – there are a lot of directions we can take this current network in. Right now we are pretty much using the ‘out-of-the-box’ architecture of this forum piece which is just a beginning and it would be great to hear how we can build it out.  For example we are looking at how we can better achieve the kind of  ‘push notifications’ that you refer to rather than simply having the notifications appear via email…

Michael Pierre Price
    Participant
    @M1ch43l

I have completed all of Chapter 4, however I have not received the badge for Chapter 4. Also, I got an email today from Crista saying that there are two bonuses available. When I try to access the bonus material I get a message saying that it is not available until November 20th. I am not sure what’s going on, so if you can look into both these issues for me I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Keona Hammond
      Keymaster
      @KeonaHammond

Hello Michael,

I have fixed the issue and you should have access to your Chapter 5 Bonus Materials now! I am looking into the badge issue….

Keona

Michael Pierre Price
      Participant
      @M1ch43l

Thanks! I appreciate your quick response…

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Fixed now.

Michael Pierre Price
      Participant
      @M1ch43l

Thanks!!!

Memet Burnett
    Participant
    @memetopia

Tried to cut and paste a transcription of  Saturday’s Coaching Call #4 into the Coaching Call file (in two different ways) but it did not like the formatting of my pdf document so it looks like crap. Any way to improve?

Keona Hammond
      Keymaster
      @KeonaHammond

Hello Memet,

Where were you trying to paste the file?

Mark Butler
    Participant
    @markbutler

Chapter 4 video workbook issues:

Black screen – images not displaying?

Pause doesn’t work later on in the workbook to allow you to fill in the sections

Export to PDF is only exporting the first page

Keona Hammond
      Keymaster
      @KeonaHammond

Hello Mark,

I can’t replicate the issues you are having. Can you tell me what device you are using or if you are still having these issues?

Keona

annegalt
    Participant
    @annegalt

I’ve answered the questions in chapter two, but the site won’t save them. I tried to mark complete and move on anyway, but I can’t. I PDFd my answers and that worked, but I still can’t move on.

Mark Butler
      Participant
      @markbutler

Still having issues with the PDF (not tested the other issues again). Using a PC with Firefox. When I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader I get ‘An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem’.

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

“I’ve answered the questions in chapter two, but the site won’t save them.”

I take it you are referring to the actual Quiz not the Workbooks. I’ve checked and i can’t see any tech problems here. I think the logic of the test is it does not allow you to move on until you get the ‘pass’ score, maybe that is the issue here. I’m on the road so can’t check to too deeply so will forward this to another team member…

annegalt
      Participant
      @annegalt

Thanks Neal, it must have just been a glitch on my end. It was the questions after the video, not the quiz. I went back and answered them again, and this time I could save. Thanks for responding so quickly!

Vicki
    Participant
    @vmcgalliard

Hi Neil,

I’m having trouble submitting workbooks. I keep getting a pop up telling me my email isn’t formatted correctly. What will correct this?

Thanks!

Vicki McGalliard

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

“I’m having trouble submitting workbooks. ”

Sorry for delay in reply. Please don’t worry about ‘submit’. It’s functionality that we don’t use in this course. We have an update to hide that button, but it I’m hesitant to apply it until after the main part of this present course is over to avoid any disruption. So please just ignore it for now. Thanks! Neil

Michael Pierre Price
    Participant
    @M1ch43l

The site is running painfully slow today. It took me several minutes just to log on and get to this page. Are you working on the site or is something else going on?

Jane Elizabeth Cullum
    Participant
    @janeelizabeth

Just wanted to say that I think the new TWA site looks great! I’ve only been on it a couple of times, and still finding my way around but am going to block in some time weekly to use the network etc;  sure it will prove to be a great resource as it grows. Must have taken a lot of work to set it all up, so congratulations!

Anahata Ishaya
    Participant
    @anahataishaya

Hi Neil;

Is there any way to retrieve a workbook if it was wiped out? I was more than halfway thru the Business plan and I lost all the text I put in there.

Urrrgghhh.

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

No I’m sorry, there is not. That’s why we have that super-annoying pop-up saying ‘Are you sure you want to leave this page’ to try to prevent that happening in most accidental cases….

Michael Pierre Price
    Participant
    @M1ch43l

The Network page has changed to a dark gray background and it is almost impossible to read. Is this a new look or something weird going on? It makes using this page nearly impossible – the feedback is horrible.

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

I can see you are/were seeing this actually. Should be fixed this now. It’s a conflict with another feature. We saw this earlier but then it looked like it was fixed. Anyway we have disabled it entirely so should be good now, but please confirm!

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Are you seeing this right now?

Michael Pierre Price
      Participant
      @M1ch43l

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I just got onto the site. It looks like it is back to the way it was, so I can interface the Network forums just fine. Thanks!

Antonella Sigismondi – (Coochie Mondi)
    Participant
    @Coochie Mondi

Hi Neil,

I’m trying to upload my CV for the Artist Business Plan Homework, and I’ve tried both option when I press the and unpress the suitcase- I get the same thing- and it looks all funky and uneven sapcing and such- here is and sìexample;

þÿTHE HAMILTON…..

Memet Burnett
    Participant
    @memetopia

Just finished the Ch3 Bonus on Online Presence. Found the content to be useful, but the presentation to be very annoyingly fiddly. First I had a hard time even starting it in the right place, and then it would not play right through. At the end of every slide, I would have to remind it to move to the next slide. Lastly, it would have been useful to have a place under the presentation to make notes, as you have done in other sections (which I LOVE using then printing out).

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi Memet, funnily enough you have described exactly the way that the ‘Prezi’ application is intended to work, ie you click through each stage at your pace when ready.
      I agree though that it may be time to retire this format, and if it wasn’t a bonus we would probably have moved this into our own Learnbase Video Workbook approach (glad you prefer it, thanks!).
      It’s quite a rebuild though so would love to here what other people have to say on this…

sandrajordan
    Participant
    @sandrajordan

Probably the rubbish internet I have where I am! Will try and post again. Thanks for checking.

Participant
      @Coochie Mondi

I definitely agree- I watched it many times- I found it confusing- maybe it’s my brain

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi Antonella

Please make sure you click the ‘reply’ in the bar at the top of the comment you want to reply to – not the one below it (which belong to the next post). Thanks!

Participant
      @Coochie Mondi

Wow, now that was not obvious to me at all.

Antonella

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

I know right. And this is the most popular used forum architecture for WordPress too!

Wanda K. Tyner
      Participant
      @kayakwanda

How do I reply to a particular person/thread in the network section — when I click reply next to a paticular entry, it seems to start a new thread.

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

HI Wanda

Click reply in the bar above the icon of the person you want to reply to. To create aa new thread you just write directly in the text editor.  The problem with the architecture of the forum piece we use is that when you reply the text editor appears way down the bottom of the page – so it feels disconnected, but it does all work exactly as it should if used correctly. I’ve been looking if there is a way to have the text editor appear next to where you reply, but has seen nothing yet that does this!

Thanks
      Neil

sandrajordan
    Participant
    @sandrajordan

Hi Neil

I wonder if you could help. I posted quite a long question in this week’s coaching call section but have just looked and it seems to have disappeared. I have checked on both my iPhone and kindle. Do you know what’s happened? Thanks Sandra

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Sorry Sandra that I wasn’t able to reply earlier. I have searched the system and can see your postings to the different forum topics but it seems like on this occasion it was not actually posted – like it was not sent or there was an issue with your connection at time of sending. It’s simply not in the system and would be if it was received. Please post again, or maybe you can ask the question directly on the call?
      Thanks, Neil

Anahata Ishaya
    Participant
    @anahataishaya

Hi, I can’t seem to be able to open  any of the masterclass chapters. I have a MacBook Pro. I have done Chapters 1 & 2 earlier. thank you

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi Anahata. Not sure what caused that – we’ll look into it – but anyway I’ve made sure that your course access is restored now.  Thanks, Neil.

Majie Lavergne
    Participant
    @majie

Hi Neil,

Is there a way to not get all the emails regarding technical issues?

Warmly,

Majie

Beverley
    Participant
    @Beverley

Hello Neil,

This morning I made notes in the video workbook for chapter 3 but couldn’t save them. I did not have this problem with chapters 1 and 2. I tried to save several times.  In the end I tried to tick the workshop as done but that also didn’t work. This evening I shut the page and restarted the computer. Went to workbook chapter 3 to find indeed nothing saved, and would not save a test note I wrote in the first tab, so the problem wasn’t solved by restarting.

Hope you can help.

Beverley

Beverley
      Participant
      @Beverley

The save function on chapter 3 seems to be working now so no need for further assistance

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi Beverly

It’s working for us, so we just had to make an educated guess at what might be causing this for you and made an adjustment. Can you check now and let us know if it works for you please.

Thanks!

Neil

Beverley
      Participant
      @Beverley

Working now. Thanks for your help!

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Great! Thank you.

Participant
    @Coochie Mondi

Hi Neil!

I am not sure how to submit my Notebook- I’ve successfully submitted 1 but am unable to submit my other 2??.  It says something about email.

Thanks,

Antonella Sigismondi

Mark Butler
    Participant
    @markbutler

I’m getting the same issue mijwallace reported – the videos go black when an image is inserted. I’m using Firefox on a PC and have the same issue when trying in Chrome.

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi don’t worry about this. The ‘submit workbook’ function is a video workbook feature  that is not relevant to this course. We have an upgrade that allows us to hide this but I am hesitant to push the upgrade mid-course….so please just ignore this for now – nothing needs to be submitted!

Thanks

Neil

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

We’re these in Chapter 2?  I think i’ve caught them now. Sorry – we upgraded all internal links from http to https recently due to new internet protocol requirements but it looks like our script didn’t catch some links including these images in Chapter 2. I have updated them manually so you should not have this issue now.

Mark Butler
      Participant
      @markbutler

They were and they are now working – thanks

sandrajordan
    Participant
    @sandrajordan

Hi, I just went to post my artist statement in my profile section but can’t see where to post it.  in the profile section I just have
    Base    Name  sandrajordan

am I looking in the wrong place?

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Is this happening to a particular video?

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi

Follow these 3 steps…then you’ll see the fields you can add info to, including the Artist Statement…

sandrajordan
      Participant
      @sandrajordan

thanks, not sure why I didn’t see that before!

Mark Butler
    Participant
    @markbutler

I can’t post a question in the coaching calls section – I get the message ‘The forum ‘Coaching Calls’ is closed to new topics and replies.’

Thanks,

Mark

Susan Havey
    Participant
    @susan

Hi Neil,

I’m using a 3rd Generation iPad, Model MD330LL/A, Version 9.3.5 (13G36).  Both the Safari and Chrome browsers installed, are having the non-playing video buttons and video bookmark issue on this device.

Thanks for your help,

Susan Havey

Susan Havey
    Participant
    @susan

Hi Neil,

I am unable to play any of the currently available videos on my iPad.  The shortcut links, and the two Play buttons do not respond.  However, the YouTube button does work, but then I’ve left the site, and workbook.  These links do seem to be working on other devices.

Thanks!

Susan Havey

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Ok – thank you. We have a developer looking into this.

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Could you let me know what generation ipad you have and what browser you are using on it so i can get our dev team to investigate.

Thanks

Neil

Anahata Ishaya
    Participant
    @anahataishaya

Hi Neil;

I have just loaded 6 galleries but seems to have doubled up and the second has no images in it. I tried to delete but it will not. I have tried the directions you gave another artist. Also how do I rename my galleries after the fact. None of the edits allows for that.

Best Regards,

Anahata

Participant
    @Coochie Mondi

Hi Neil Hammond,

Do the different Galleries represent different Series?

Also I cannot delete mine,

Thanks,

Antonella from Coochie Mondi

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

This is fixed now so you can delete galleries.

See:

http://helpdesk.theworkingartist.com/article/29-the-gallery

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Lucas G.

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Yes  – sorry – the about the delete action, yes there is a button missing in the second step! We’ll fix this asap! Thanks

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi

Do the different Galleries represent different Series?
      Possibly – you can use them however you wish !

Also I cannot delete mine
      Use the delete here (see screenshot) – i think there is another way that has a button missing which we will look into – but this way works:

Susan Havey
    Participant
    @susan

Hi Neil,

I’ve just signed up for the Masterclass and am unable to save the PDF from The Working Artist Manifesto.  I’ve tried on both Safari, and Chrome on my MacBook, and nothing happens when I click the “Save to PDF” button.

Thanks for your help!

Susan Havey

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Yes  – sorry – the about the delete action,  there is a button missing in the second step! We’ll fix this asap! Thanks

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi – just to say our wonderful code lead completed the update so the pdf download for your notes is working now!

Susan Havey
      Participant
      @susan

Thanks, Neil!  I just saved my Working Artist Manifesto to PDF, and it worked beautifully!  Thanks again!  Susan Havey

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi – we noticed that too and have someone from our dev team on it this weekend, so if it is not fixed by Monday when the course starts it will be very soon after!

sandrajordan
    Participant
    @sandrajordan

Hi Neil

I just went to the old TWA link at the top of this new site as wanted to look back at something but I get an error gateway page.  Should I be using a different link?

Thanks

Sandra

Majie Lavergne
    Participant
    @majie

Hi Neil,

Another question. In the gallery, is there aw ay to organize the paintings in the wanted order?

Warmly,

Majie

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Yes – click on the gallery in you profile area that you want to reorder, click ‘edit’, then you’ll see a reorder option.

Majie Lavergne
    Participant
    @majie

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your emails.

Is there a way to place in my gallery a video or more. My work is interactive and it it best presented by showing in video form. If not is it possible to have links?

Warmly,

Majie

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Technically we can have a video option but it is turned off. My worry is that we would have to increase everybody’s file size permissions so much if video were at play that we could put a strain on the server, and it’s a bit early days with this new site right now. And unfortunately i can only see option in this gallery piece we are using to upload videos not just add links which would make way more sense. Anyway I’ll let you know if i think of something or find something. Thanks.

Majie Lavergne
    Participant
    @majie

hello,

This is an amazing platform, however, I am running into two glitches:

1. on my profile, after my name, @majie appears automatically, and this is not my email address.
    2. when trying to create my own gallery, and when i click on photo, it goes nowhere, it doesn’t connect me to my Photos. I use an Apple desktop and a mini I pad.

thank you for looking into it,

Warmly

Majie

[email protected]

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi Majie

1) So that wasn’t a glitch – the @majie is referencing your username not email. However I don’t really see the point either – it’s probably just confusing and I and have hidden it from profile areas.
      Now I see point haha. It’s a way of linking to your profile from within a post. So for instance -‘check out @majie
      Not totally sure how useful this will be, but let’s keep it for now. Will unhide it.

2) Once you have created a gallery you will be able to add media

Serge V Richard
    Participant
    @creation

Is it possible the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” (below the comment box) does not work?
    Again, not that important but I notice it did not let me know someone had reply to my posts etc.

Note; all my email settings are checked marked to receive notifications and so is the one below in the comment box.

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

It should work, the way we have the settings set. And I am getting notifications for sure. We can look into it a little more this week.
      Can you confirm that they are not going into your spam folder. Thanks!

Serge V Richard
      Participant
      @creation

Sorry Neil, no notice in my spam folder either.

I did receive one the other day for a “New friendship request” so that works.

Anyone else having the issue?

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Ok, thanks, this all helps to narrow things down. I know other people are getting them. One other thing to check is your email notification settings.
      They should all be ‘on’ by default. See image in this screenshot: http://jmp.sh/bMlRwqk

WOW so lovely!!!!!!! so impressed cant wait to get some time to really look. A spelling mistake on navigation page ‘shows’.
    But I dont care really it is an absolute pleasure hope you guys are really proud

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Frith Johnson. Reason: No I was wrong just one

Jennifer Harris (artofjenniferharris)
    Participant
    @artofjenniferharris

Hello again Neil
    Another glitch re social in profiles – social icons at the top of a profile open to a new tab when clicked (yay); but there is a written section below summarising social etc and if you click on social links there it opens over the working artist, so you have to backspace to get back to the working artist. Hope you can see what I mean – refers to all profiles, not just mine.

Thank you!
    Jennifer

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Hi – it was not so much a glitch as the way it was designed in the social architecture there  – but we found a good solution that overrides it and also fixes the same issue with links in forum posts in one go. Yay! Thank you!

Also, we made this editor here a little nicer!

By the way i was testing the instagram link in your profile and my 11 year old-boy happened to come in and see  your Venetian glass vase painting and exclaimed ‘Wow! THAT is aMAZing’.

Participant
      @artofjenniferharris

Thank you Neil!  Glad to be part of the process and I will enjoy the nicer editor too.  I did loops, but it is to be expected and you guys are fantastic in creating a supportive environment that has so many layers.

And please tell your son he has made my day, my birthday actually, the happiest ever.

Jennifer

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Will do! He’ll be thrilled. Happy Birthday!

Participant
      @artofjenniferharris

Double thanks Neil! 🙂

Serge V Richard
    Participant
    @creation

So there is time frame for any editing on one’s post… Around 5 minutes?
    English is not my first language and 5 minutes is a bit short but hey, you’ll get the picture. 😉

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Timeframe for editing a post is set (by default) at 5 minutes, but we can make it whatever we like. Should it be longer? Not sure what the balance between ability to edit and flow of conversation should be. Open to suggestions!

Serge V Richard
      Participant
      @creation

Thanks for asking Neil. I can only speak for myself, so as a preference 10-15 minutes is best. Usually it’s mostly punctuation and clarification (of course besides spelling)   😉

Anyhow, no big deal if you leave as is, it’s really up to you …

Regards

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Ok – I’ve set it for 15, so let’s see how that goes. Thanks!

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
    Keymaster
    @neilhammond

Hi Jennifer

The ones in the footer look ok, so you must be seeing this somewhere else, could you let me know where so we can fix.

Thanks
    Neil

Participant
    @artofjenniferharris

Congratulations!!!

Just one little glitch so far – the circle for the facebook icon is empty ie logo not showing, unlike the instagram logo. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you and looking forward to enjoying the new site.

Jennifer

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
    Keymaster
    @neilhammond

Ok – try again now please!

mijwallace
    Participant
    @mijwallace

I’m unable to see images inserted in Christas tutorials the screen goes black at points where there is an image inserted. I’m viewing this on an ipad with the safari browser can you help?

Neil Hammond (TWA Team)
      Keymaster
      @neilhammond

Thank you, I’ll get the code team to look into this. Could you let us know what version Ipad you have please.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.